MATTHEW SELLS CHARLESTON
I would like to welcome you to my comprehensive Mount Pleasant, Isle of Palms, Sullivans Island, and Charleston real estate website. No other site provides more detailed Mount Pleasant, Isle of Palms, Sullivans Island, and Charleston real estate market information than you’ll find here.
For buyers, there is detailed area and neighborhood information and a great Multiple Listing search page. For sellers, I provide information and data to help you to ready your home for market and to list it so it sells!
WHY DO YOU NEED A BUYER’S AGENT
WHY WOULD YOU RELY ON THE LISTING/ SELLING AGENT TO HAVE YOUR BEST INTERESTS IN MIND ? THEY LEGALLY REPRESENT THE SELLER!
“If you were getting sued, would you hire the same attorney as the person suing you? Of course not. You need someone who will represent your best interests and rights.” *
THAT’S WHY YOU NEED A BUYER’S AGENT
More and more, prospective real estate buyers are hiring a Buyers Agent. This may be in part to avoid what’s called “dual agency” —which is when the Listing Agent (brokerage company) who listed the property for sale is representing both the buyer and seller.
A Buyers Agent is legally bound to help their buyers, whereas a listing agent or sellers agent—the agent representing the home listing—has a legal fiduciary duty to the home seller. That’s why it’s in your best interest as a real estate buyer to get an agent who is there to represent you. The problem with the single-agent deal is that it makes it impossible for the agent to fulfill a fiduciary duty to both parties.
A good Buyers Agent can also to help navigate many of the complexities that exist in a modern real estate transaction.
- Be an adviser and advocate and PROTECTOR of the Buyers interest during the entire home buying process
- Educate Buyer’s on current market conditions.
- Research homes in the area and sort through active listings (and many properties that never reach the MLS) to make suggestions after cross-referencing buyer’s needs (i.e. Which homes are located in areas that have retained home values? Which homes are located inside good school districts? Lower taxed areas? Easy work commutes? etc.)
- Aid buyers in narrowing their search until they have identified their top choices
- NEGOTIATING! Handle the ins and outs of the negotiation process including the preparation of all necessary forms when making an offer and/or counteroffer
- Provide oversight and follow up for any inspections deemed necessary
- Counsel buyers on how to handle any repairs needed on the property
- Be present at closing to ensure that all the buyer’s interests are protected